Hello everyone! Today I wanted to share some ideas I had for 30 things I want to accomplish in my 30’s.
Having recently turned 30 this week, I figured that it was a good time to post this list and hopefully be able to revisit it from time to time. I’m sort of cheating as I wrote an original list last year for things to do in the year leading up to 30 but when the pandemic continued to affect our lives I didn’t get the chance to do many of the items. So instead, I thought I’d change it up and focus on the next decade as a whole.
Oh! If you’re new here (newer than May 2020) you might be wondering, what’s BirthMay? Well, every year I blog every day in May because it is my birth month. I just figured it was something fun to do, and it has proven to be really enjoyable for me. This will be the fifth BirthMay on my blog! No matter how many BirthMays you’ve been through with me, thank you for being here this BirthMay and thank you for your support!
30 for my 30’s
- Publish a book – I’ve written a few, and I’d love to edit them and get them published.
- Write a new book – just because I’ve written first drafts to two books doesn’t mean I’m done writing! I have ideas for another two and for sequels to one of the ones I’ve already written.
- Move to Texas – hopefully I can do this one this year!
- Buy a new car – I sold my car to my sister during the pandemic because she needed one and I didn’t. But I do need to get a new one eventually.
- Start a business – I haven’t quite decided what I want to do, but once I do, hopefully I can get one started.
- Start a side hustle – while I decide what business I want to start, I think I should at least have a side hustle going. Maybe it could turn into a full on business too!
- Adopt a dog – I want to be a dog mom so bad! Plus I think my puppy niece needs a cousin.
- Buy a house or land to build a house – I’m leaning more towards buying land, but it’ll just depend what’s available when I’m ready to buy.
- Pay off student loans – well, I’m thinking I’m cheating on this one because… this isn’t optional? I have to pay them off one way or another after all! But I’m pretty close so I can’t wait to finally get this done.
- Travel to Nashville – for some reason, Nashville has been on my mind a lot lately as a place I’d like to visit.
- Travel to the PNW – I have never been in the Pacific Northwest and I’d love to do so. My grandfather worked in Oregon for some time so I’d love to see that state specifically.
- Travel to NYC – I’ve been before but I’d love to go again and see more Broadway shows.
- Travel to Washington, D.C. – I’ve shared before that I’ve been once but I barely saw anything in the city as I was only there for one day. I’d love to see some museums and maybe the White House!
- Travel to Oaxaca – this has been on my travel list for awhile so I hope to be able to go in the next few years.
- Travel to Cancun – this has been a goal of my family’s for years now, but we haven’t been able to make it to Cancun yet. Hopefully someday!
- Travel in Mexico during Day of the Dead – I’d love to be in Mexico specifically during that holiday.
- Travel to Portugal – this has also been on my list for years now, and I really want to make it there in my 30s.
- Travel to London – I would love to finally explore London. I’d thought about going when I studied abroad but just wasn’t able to make it work back then.
- Travel to Rome – I almost went to Rome instead of Paris when I studied abroad. I kind of wish I had! But I’d love to go to Rome in the future.
- Learn to play guitar – I’ve been meaning to do this for literally decades now, so time to finally get this one done.
- Read at least 50 books each year – reading is something important to me and I’ve read so much in the past year with the stay at home orders. I’d love to continue to read often in the coming years.
- Continue to take dance classes – I’m low-key worried that I won’t find a studio in Texas, so fingers crossed I can!
- Save for retirement – so I do have a specific goal in mind, but I don’t want to share the number so in general I’d love to save for retirement. Basically, I feel like I have to make up for lost time when I was unemployed during the pandemic.
- Give back – I’d love to give back to communities I’m involved with by volunteering somehow. Maybe by volunteering locally or mentoring or something would be good!
- Support the arts – I love going to musicals so I’d love to continue to support the arts in that aspect. I’d love to also go to concerts and museums of course too in the future.
- Continue to learn about budgeting and finances – I recently learned that I started a budget and I’d love to continue to keep a strict budget in my 30s. Especially with all that travel I hope to do!
- Continue to move towards minimalism – I don’t think I’ll ever really be a minimalist but I do want to try to get close. I have books that I plan to read and then donate/sell once I’m done with them for example. I also hope to just consume and buy less, which I’ve heard is the key to move towards minimalism.
- Continue to blog – I love blogging and even if my blog’s focus ends up changing I would love to continue to blog on here.
- Work towards peace – peace is something that’s really been on my mind lately. Probably because it’s my yearly goal!
- Have fun! – I’ve heard fabulous things about the 30’s so I really want to focus on having fun and making the most of this decade.
So those are 30 goals I have for my 30’s! If anyone has their own goals they’d like to share, feel free.
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!