Hello everyone! Welcome to BirthMay 2020! Today, I’m sharing the books and entertainment options that I’m unhauling.
I was going to put this post off for a bit, because I normally take this stuff to a store to sell and then share how much I “made” (really, it’s selling it at a loss but moving on). However, since I’m not going anywhere that’s non-essential due to the quarantine, I didn’t bother to look up if they’re taking stuff or not. Once I’m able to go out and about again I’ll be sure to take this stuff over, along with anything from a summer unhaul if I don’t get to it before the end of summer.
In case you’re new, BirthMay is my annual birthday celebration where I blog every day for the month of May. This is the fourth annual BirthMay and no matter how many BirthMays you’ve been here for, thank you for your support!
Spring Book Unhaul
This season there wasn’t much to unhaul, mostly because I’ve been super into ebooks and borrowing them from the library app. Since I’m reading ebooks, there aren’t physical books to unhaul right now from my own collection! Even so, here’s a few I managed to remove from my shelves.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – this was a school assignment book and I did reread it in recent years. I didn’t like it the first time I read it, it was okay the second time, and I’m not planning on reading it again as it just isn’t that interesting to me.
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly – I loved reading this book and learning more about the amazing women who worked for NASA during the space race. It was so good! I’m hopeful someone will pick this up and share the inspiration I got when I read it.
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – this was also a school assignment book. I always enjoyed this book but at the end of the day, I can easily borrow it if I want to read it again later.
- Quiet by Susan Cain – I read this back when it was still at the height of it’s fame, and really enjoyed it! However, I know I’m not going to read it again anytime soon, so I think it’s time to let this one go and hopefully someone else can enjoy it.
- Fixing the Fates by Diane Dewey – I got this book free for review purposes and really enjoyed it! I am hoping someone else can as well.
- Wise Millennial – I also got this one for free for review purposes and it was pretty interesting. I hope someone else will pick it up and get something out of it too.
- Finding the Wild Inside – I got this one free for review purposes too and it’s an ARC (advance reader copy) so I’m guessing this one will just be recycled since it can’t legally be sold. I feel bad because it is a good read but I don’t see myself picking it up soon and plus I’d love to borrow the full version at some point from the library so I can also enjoy the final version.
So those are the books I’m unhauling this season! I had a few more but realized that I didn’t want to say goodbye to those just yet. However, these filled up one tote bag so that’s a win!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!