Hello everyone! Welcome to Blogmas Day 14! Today I wanted to participate in the Photo Decade Challenge.
I don’t know if that’s really the official name for the challenge but basically you show a photo of yourself in 2009 and then one from 2019 and state all that you’ve accomplished in those ten years. I saw it on Twitter but wanted to do it on my blog instead!
Here’s the photos! On the right is me in 2009, moving into my dorm room as a freshman at Elmhurst College. On the left is a blurry me in 2019, graduating from Elmhurst College for the second time but this time with an MBA. I sent a photo from my freshman year to my friend Erin who immediately said “you look the same!” so I guess there’s no further question as to why I get carded every time I order a drink. Also, my hair was super short and I was super skinny back then. But a lot has happened in the last ten years so here’s a short list for you!
- What I’m most proud of: my graduations! As I mentioned, I started undergrad ten years ago and graduated in January of 2013 with my Bachelor’s of Science. Then I started grad school in 2017 and graduated in May of 2019. I didn’t fully realize that I had accomplished this within ten years so that was just really cool and I am really proud of that.
- I’ve started traveling more! I started going to Mexico every year to see my grandfather, I’ve travelled for work, and I even went on a solo trip as well as a girls trip this year. I really like traveling and plan to keep it up in the next decade.
- I started working in this decade! I didn’t have a job until after college and then got my first “real” job! Even if I hate it right now, it’s still a pretty big accomplishment!
- I started my blog four years ago, so that was really awesome!
- Bought my first car! I named him Bruce, after Bruce Wayne aka Batman.
- I started trying to not only buy better quality items when I spend money but also spend less overall by not buying unnecessary items. For example, when I redecorated my bathroom I knew I was going to spend money but didn’t buy things that I didn’t really need, like a full set for the sink of a soap dispenser and such. Also, when I bought new glasses recently I decided to splurge and get a pair that I both really liked as well as one that would last me at least 5-6 years (assuming my prescription doesn’t change). It might seem like a small change but that’s one that’s important to me!
So that’s my photo decade challenge! Let me know if you’ve done the challenge so I can check yours out!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!