Hi everyone! Welcome back to Blogmas with a new Tag Me Tuesday – Catch Up Edition! I haven’t done a tag in ages, so I figured it was time to catch up with everything!
I have 7 tags that I was able to find that I recorded since June. If I accidentally missed something you tagged me in, let me know and I’ll include it in my next catch up! Also, look for your 4th Blogmas Advent Calendar at the end of the post!
Also thank you to everyone who waited so patiently for me to get to their questions. I don’t do these often anymore but maybe I should do them quarterly rather than every six months!
So here we go with the tags!
About my nominations:
So I was nominated for this award 3 times since June! This marks nominations #10, 11, and 12 for this award for me. Thank you to Hunida for 2 nominations and Chanelle Hayley for the 3rd! You ladies rock and are always so supportive and sweet. 🙂
- Thank the blogger that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog.
Sunshine Award #10
- What is your favorite nail polish color? If you don’t wear it yourself, what do you think is the prettiest color to see on someone else?
I normally just stick to copper-like tones. I love those shades!
- What is your favorite type of weather?
Sunny, low 80’s (Fahrenheit), and just a bit of wind!
- How do you like your ice? Cubed or crushed?
I prefer cubed and I always ask for light ice!
- Do you have a case on your cell phone? What does it look like?
Yes I do! It’s a black case with those rubber lines to improve grip and it has a credit card holder sleeve attached. The sleeve is a dark blue and has my company’s logo on it since they’re the ones that gave it to me.
- What kind of computer or laptop do you have?
I have an Apple Macbook Pro from college (2010 model) and I have it attached to a generic PC monitor as a secondary monitor.
- Are you a fast typer?
Very fast! 🙂 Everyone is always in awe and I make minimal mistakes. Usually when I do it’s because I forget how to spell the word or if it’s a number because I never really got those down.
- Do you like your normal talking voice? Would you change it if you could?
Nooooooooooo. It’s so boring and soft. I would like to sound more like Michelle Obama who has a really fun and uplifting voice.
- How many siblings do you have? Do you have a favorite sibling? If you have none, did you want any or were you happy as an only child?
I have one younger sister and I love her but I also think she’s plenty.
- What is your favorite body of water? Waterfalls, lakes, rivers, oceans?
Hmmmmmm, that’s tough! I would say lake but I also really enjoy a good waterfall!
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
Ooooooooo that’s so tough! I feel like it’s Kim Possible!
- Would your rather eat a doughnut or a cinnamon roll?
Omg, also tough. I think doughnut because I love doughnut frosting!
Sunshine Award #11
- What is your favourite online store to shop on?
Probably Target because my red (store) card is linked to my app already so all I need is a fingerprint to check out and place an order. Plus free shipping and all that!
- What is your favourite social media platform and why?
Hmmmmm. My first instinct is Instagram but honestly it’s because I like to stalk everyone on there. I think it’s becoming Twitter though as I get more involved there.
- What does love mean to you?
To me it’s having someone’s back and knowing they have yours, accepting each other unconditionally, and always supporting each other. I feel like that’s the basis of my family so that’s why those are so important to me!
- What country do you want to visit that you haven’t before?
I’ve only been to a handful of countries so there’s so many options! Right now I would say I’m really curious about seeing Cuba.
- Tea or coffee? How do you take it?
Chai tea latte, hot, no water!
- What camera do you use for blog photos?
Mostly my Google Pixel 2 as the camera is amazing and editing is a breeze. I also have a Sony AX3000 but I rarely use it for photos just because I don’t have a good editing thing on my laptop and it just takes longer in general. On the rare occasion that I do videos though, that’s what I use.
- Favourite part of your makeup routine?
Setting powder with the big fluffy brush!
- One style trend you hate?
I don’t think I’m up to date enough on trends to have one! Oh wait, velvet is always huge this time of year and I just can’t get over that texture! Yikes!
- Hardest part about running a blog?
Honestly? Finding the time to do it all! I have been trying to really promote my blog but it takes so much time! I started making pins for my posts too and while it’s not a huge time commitment, it is more time added on.
- What topping is usually on your pizza?
I usually do a pizza with cheese, pepperoni, jalapeños, and black olives. Yum!
- What makes you feel better when you’re sad?
Music! Oh and sleep. There is almost nothing a good night’s sleep can’t fix!
Sunshine Award #12
- When you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, do you butter your bread and toast it first?
I don’t ever use jelly or butter but I do usually toast it!
- Do you like bar soap or liquid body wash better?
Both! I try to alternate between the two. Right now I’m on body wash.
- What is your absolute favorite scent for your bar soap or body wash?
Peony or gardenias. Generally florals are my fave!
- What kind of deodorant do you use? If you switch it up, what kind are you using right now?
I use spray deodorant right now but the one I have isn’t really cutting it so I’m not sure what I’m going to switch to!
- Do you have a signature/favorite perfume or cologne? Do people “know” you by that scent?
I WISH! I’ve been searching for my signature scent for years. Usually the only person to tell me when she likes my perfume is my mom and she always says that when I have samples of the Flowerbomb perfumes by Viktor & Rolf but that perfume is just sooooooo common so I don’t think that’s my signature. I’m still looking for that perfect scent!
- Have you ever used a fully functioning typewriter?
Yes, well kind of. It worked and all but then the margins would shift after every line, it was weird.
- What is your favorite shoe brand?
I don’t own very many of Vince Camuto shoes because they’re quite pricey but I looooooooove those shoes.
- Where do you go grocery shopping the most often?
I don’t really grocery shop but when I stop for snacks and stuff for lunch it’s usually Mariano’s, Trader Joe’s, or Target.
- Are you good at wrapping gifts?
Yes, but my limit is usually 1 before I get bored so most of the time the gifts end up in bags!
- What was/is your #1 favorite children’s picture book?
- Have you ever met anyone with webbed toes?
I feel like I have? I think someone told me they were born with webbed toes but then they were fixed as an infant so they didn’t have them anymore. I could be thinking of the girl that was born with extra fingers that were cut off though and just thinking she had this too.
And that’s the Sunshine Awards! Thank you again Hunida and Chanelle! Your questions were so fun and sooooo tough at times!
About my nominations:
I had three nominations for this one as well! Thank you Hunida, Kate from Live in the Nautical, and Liz Slay for nominating me and always supporting me!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve the award (only doing six)
- Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer
- Let them know they’ve been nominated!
11 Facts About Me!
What can I possibly say that you might not know about me at this point? Let’s see if I can get at least one in the 11 that you don’t!
- I am so optimistic I’m surprised people don’t hate me!
- That being said, it’s been very hard last month to remember to be optimistic. It feels like the world is out to get me, you know?
- I’ve never practiced my deep breaths so much as I have last month. Hopefully December is a little kinder.
- I’ve never been in a relationship and honestly I don’t think I’m missing out on much.
- I have a fear that if I wear rings that are the right size they’ll be too small and get stuck and I’ll have to get my finger cut off. My mom says they’ll cut off the ring first but I still wear rings that are much too big.
- Also I can’t find rings small enough for most of my fingers anyway. Usually the smallest stores have is size 7 and I wear a size 6 on most of my fingers. Francesca’s is the only place I’ve found that regularly has size 6.
- I think I have three people that I know IRL that have really shown me how much friends can love and support you. I don’t think any of them read my blog (they know about it but they never mention it so I don’t think they do) but if they are reading this they know who they are. They listen, they make me laugh, and are always there for me. I am so thankful they’re in my life.
- I have taken to listening and watching Taylor Swift tour recordings and I love them. I’m so amazing by what she’s accomplished and I really wish I could write music like her!
- My favorite thing is when my sister calls and tells me about belugas. And her life, but also BELUGAS.
- I’ve been trying to practice my Spanish more so I can have less of an American accent. It’s not really working but I’m learning more words I think so that’s important too!
- I seriously love myself just the way I am!
Liebster Award #14
- Do you usually have your phone on Vibrate, Silent, or full-on Sound?
- Do you prefer your ice cream in a cone or a cup?
Cup, because I feel like if the cone is too big they don’t fill the bottom and so it’s so disappointing!
- Did you ever play the game Four Square as a kid?
- Do you like college-ruled or wide-ruled paper better?
College-ruled because it makes me feel smart.
- What is your number one favorite TV series that runs for 30 minutes per episode?
Hmmmm, Parks & Recreation is always fun!
Liebster Award #15
Coffee or tea?
Chai tea latte!
Are you a morning or evening person?
What do you love about blogging?
How amazing the people in the blogging community are! They’re so inspiring and I love chatting with bloggers. Secretly it’s why I haven’t gone self-hosted. I feel that I’ve been so absent as it is because of school and going self-hosted would just isolate me too much. I’m worried I’ll lose all my blogging peeps!
What is a place you have always wanted to visit and why?
Egypt for the pyramids!
Ooooo, I love the time I went to Mexico for the first time in over 10 years and my mom surprised me with a trip to Acapulco.
What is a random fact about yourself?
I entered a short story competition last month and now I’m already looking forward to another. I’m terrible at short stories but it’s fun!
Current favorite song?
Ariana Grande’s “God is a Woman”.
Are you a cat or dog person? (Or neither?)
Dog but also kind of both. Animals just looooove me 🙂
Does my birthday count? Because if so then that’s it!
What was the last thing you bought?
Salads for lunch at Target!
What is your day to day schedule like?
Get up, get ready for the day, go to work, work, leave work, eat dinner with the parents, watch YouTube for a bit with my mom, shower, blog/social media/YouTube watching/other fun stuff, and then sleep!
Liebster Award #16
- What’s your most prized possession?
I’m trying to be less attached to possessions but I’m such a hoarder at heart that I don’t know if I can ever become one! I think it would likely be my Phone because I can literally do anything on it!
- Do you believe in ghosts? Tell me why or why not.
No, I don’t believe in the supernatural stuff and ghosts fall under that category.
- Deep dish or thin crust pizza?
Thin crust. I know! I’m from Chicago and I prefer thin crust?? HOW? I love both but thin is just my favorite.
- If you could have dinner with any celebrity or public figure, who would it be and why?
Oh this is tough too. Probably Hilary Clinton.
- What are your top three places on your travel bucket/wish list?
Machu Picchu, Cancun, and space.
- Where’s your favorite place in the world?
Honestly, my home! Aka wherever my bed, I mean mom, is. LOL.
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
Both I think! Well more of a dog person but both adore me haha.
- Let’s settle this once and for all: Which is better, McDonald’s or Burger King?
McDonald’s for sure.
- What would your dream job be?
US Secretary of State or President.
- Do you think your personality aligns with the traits associated with your zodiac sign?
I think so? I forget what the traits are exactly so let me look them up real quick.
- Generous – I don’t think so? Only if I like the person probably.
- Dependable – Absolutely! But again, if I like the person.
- Down-to-earth – I mean, most of the time probably.
- Patient – HAHAHAHAHAHA no.
- Independent – Yes. 100%.
- Persistent – Also yes.
- Stubborn – Yup.
- Self-indulgent – oh yes.
- Lazy – I try not to be but yes…
- Materialistic – actually yes.
- Possessive – yup.
- Frugal – hahahahahahaha no according to my parents and my bank account.
So overall yes I think!
- What’s your favorite chore and your least favorite chore?
I love to clean but only when I want to. I hate laundry all the times.
That was fun! Thank you ladies for the fun questions!
If I Could Only Keep One – Makeup Tag #1
I was tagged by Angela of The Life of Angela for this one, so it was time to get to it! Thank you Angela for the tag, and I’m so excited!
So with this tag, the purpose is to look through your makeup and to pick only one item from each category to pick. This sounds tough so wish me luck!
- Primer – Too Faced Hangover Face Primer
- Foundation – Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able Foundation
- Concealer – Kat von D Lock-It Concealer
- Make Up Brush – Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush
- Bronzer – Tarte Park Ave Princess
- Blush – Benefit Rockateur
- Highlight – Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc Peach Mosaic
- Eyebrows – Benefit Goof Proof Eye Brow Pencil
- Mascara – Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
- Eyelid primer – Urban Decay Original Primer Potion
- Eyeshadow Palette – Urban Decay Naked 3
- Setting Powder – Besame Translucent Vanilla Brightening Powder
- Setting Spray – Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray
- Lipstick – Lorac Alter Ego Cream Lipstick in CEO
That was so tough! I feel like I’ve tried so many things this year with the samples and the subscriptions I get, so it’s a little overwhelming to pick one from each but these are my tried and true items, I love them!
And that’s all the tags I have that I was able to find! As I said, I’m sure I missed some so if I did please let me know.
Advent Calendar Item #4
So the 4th item in the calendar is…
A cold weather Rhinestone Knit Headband! I don’t particularly enjoy hats so these are much more enjoyable to use to still keep warm. Plus they’re so cute and I feel like most people already have hats, but might not have a headband to use! I don’t know if I would pick a white one for the calendar but I would love one with rhinestones!
If you want to do any of the tags, go ahead! I won’t tag anyone as I have so many but just go ahead and do one and answer the awesome questions. Or if you don’t want to do an entire tag post, answer one or two of the questions in the comments maybe?
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!