Hi everyone! Today is the last Self Care Sunday and this time I’m giving you self care tips for your mind! I do want to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of this little series. I have done ideas you can do within a social setting, individual basis outside the home, and at home. I did start the series because May is Mental Health Awareness Month, so that’s why it’s coming to an end but maybe it’ll make a reappearance next year!
So with that, let’s get onto my tips!
- Listen to music – back when I was having daily panic attacks this was the best way to calm down, so I always recommend it. I love music a lot and it’s always been a huge part of my life, so it makes sense that it was always there when I needed it.
- Try ASMR – if you haven’t already that is! I know not everyone enjoys it but for those of us that do it can be very relaxing and greatly relieve stress. Not going to lie, I’ve had to resort to it at work because it’s also a great headache relief too. I try not to take medicine so when I feel a headache coming on or can’t sleep I’ll try ASMR and problem solved!
- Read a book or short story – a nice little distraction is sometimes just what you need!
- Learn something new – it doesn’t have to be anything really outrageous, but you can learn something new with something you have around the house. For example, I had a guitar already so I’m learning that now. Or if you have a book on how to learn a new subject or language pick that up and knock out two of these at the same time!
- Pull up a yoga video online and follow along – I am guilty of not following through in my yoga plans but they are great! It’s a ton of fun and I really enjoy it when I do get to it.
- Meditate – I personally don’t meditate as I don’t really see the point of it but I know lots of people do so I figured I’d put it here! There are apps that will guide you or videos on YouTube so if you want to try it go for it! It might work really well for you!
And those are my tips for this last Self Care Sunday! Let me know if you have any more tips. I’d love to know!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!