Hi everyone! First of all, happy mother’s day to all the mothers out there! Second, today’s Self Care Sunday will focus on self care outside of the home. May is Mental Health Awareness month so I wanted to tie it into BirthMay, which is my daily blogging month for my birthday! My birthday was yesterday on the 12th but I am still blogging through the month.
Real quick though, I’ve fallen into the #vanlife on YouTube and Instagram. I’m super obsessed and now I want to live in a van or tiny house (which I’m planning to explore next). Although just yesterday I was talking with friends about how I wanted a ranch in Texas with a few acres, pool, and at least 5 rooms so don’t take me too seriously.
For Self Care Sunday the goal is provide a few ideas of things you can do to take care of you. Last week was stuff you could do at home so this week I want to focus on out of the home.
Here we go!
Most of my ideas come from my own need to just get out of the house sometimes. If it was just up to me I’d stay home all day every day and I’ve noticed my mental health declines quite a bit if I don’t interact with the world every so often.
- Go out for a walk/run – even if it’s just around the neighborhood or if you go to a local park, just enjoy being outside!
- Treat yourself to a manicure/pedicure – if you’re into that you can just go to a place and get your nails done! Most places I’ve been to allow for walk-ins but you can always call ahead to make sure they know you’re coming.
- Go to the farmer’s market – I love getting fresh fruit at the farmer’s market in the summer and walking around. Most times there’s also crafts and other stuff as well as lemonade and snacks so it can be quite fun! Or maybe a street fair would be a good option too.
- Go on a coffee run – honestly I really love being at home but if I don’t leave the house at least once over the weekend I just feel like I haven’t done anything (even if I’ve done a ton of things around the house or homework or blog posts) and start to feel physically ill. So I try to at least go somewhere and a Starbucks run is as good as any! (Or any other local coffee place since I don’t actually have a Starbucks in my town.)
- Check out the local theatre shows – I’m a huge theatre fan so I have to try to send you to one. Check out the small local theatres or school performances if you want to stay within budget (normally tickets are less than $20 at schools). Maybe you have an improv place in a nearby town and you’ve always wanted to check it out so take advantage!
- Book a massage – if you really want to treat yourself book a massage! I have only had one and I did like it but it is a treat. I found a place near me that offers discounted massages if you go at non-peak hours, aka the typical office hours. I can’t make these times unless I have the day off but it’s a nice option to have and if your schedule lets you do this try and see if a place near you has this.
So those are my suggestions for self care outside of the house! Let me know what you do, I’d love to know!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!