Hi everyone! Today I’m back with my packing list for my work trip to Houston! For the second year in a row! Okay enough with the exclamation marks for a bit. So I’ve been writing this throughout the past week and by the time I’ve finally finished I’ve already packed and am ready to travel. By the time you’re reading this I should already be in Houston so fingers crossed I haven’t forgotten anything.
I’m excited to return to Houston for many reasons. One, I loved my time there last year even if most of what I saw was the convention center and the hotel pool area (hot tub, here I come). Another is that it’s always nice to get away and do something different. Yet another is that it’s amazing to see the event you’ve worked so hard on and this is an event that I absolutely love. And lastly, the city has had quite a year with the hurricane and World Series and so much more and seeing how the city has recovered just from Instagram is inspiring so I can’t wait to see it in person.
Okay, let’s get to the packing list, shall we?
- 7 nice tops – for each day and an extra
- 1 casual outfit for Monday – top and jeans
- 2 sets of travel clothing for the Sundays
- 1 swim suit and flip flops because there’s a Texas shaped lazy river on the roof, the pool, and a hot tub right next to it
- Work out clothing and shoes so I can force myself to go to the gym, maybe 2 outfits because honestly I’m probably not even going to go…
- 1 Cardigan
- 3 dress pants
- 3 pairs of shoes – I have a pair of flats, some dress shoes, and my running shoes
- Raincoat because it’s supposed to rain, I’m inside mostly and the hotel is connected to the convention center but just in case
- Slippers – although I might make do with the flip flops tbh
- PJs – because I want to sleep
Make-Up, Skin Care & Toiletries
Well I won’t go into this since that’s going to be Thursday’s post! In the meantime, check out my Mexico travel beauty bag post from February because it’s overall similar (although this is a little more because of the type of trip). But here’s a sneak peak!
- Phone & Charger (Google Pixel aka the best phone EVER)
- MacBook & Charger (Might need to stop at Best Buy and get a new charger before I leave because I’m sure mine is on it’s last leg)
- External Battery (My phone has an amazing battery life but just in case)
- Earbuds (for the plane and keeping panic attacks away)
This is mostly so I don’t forget.
- Notebook and Pen
- Business Cards
- A million bandaids
- Wallet – with my card and ID
- Tissues – because I get a cold at the end of every trip I take ever (trying to convince myself I won’t though)
- Eye mask
- Handbag – no idea which one I’m taking yet…
- Small bag for when I run out to meet coworkers for dinner or drinks after the day is done!
Feel free to compare this with my post from last year if you’d like. I was worried I’d need to check a bag as I don’t like to do that, I try to only have carry-on bags. Luckily everything fit in my carry-on so I’m all set!
What do you normally forget to pack when you go on a trip? Let me know!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!