Hi everyone! Time for my all time favorites of 2017! Earlier I posted my December Favorites and so now I’m posting my favorites from this past year.
I have tried so many different products but here are my top ones. I’m also going to link my favorites from each month at the bottom of this post. These favorites are usually beauty heavy, and so that’s what I’ll focus on although I normally stick in here movie/Netflix/style/etc. favorites too. I won’t do that because it varies widely and my beauty favorites are easier to focus on.
For these I’m going to do both high end and drugstore when applicable. If I don’t have one of each, I’ll only put down the one I do enjoy. I don’t have all these products anymore to photograph as I haven’t repurchased all lately. If I haven’t repurchased it’s not because I didn’t enjoy it, it’s because I have had other products I’ve wanted to try or use up.
- Primer: NYX First Base Spray and Urban Decay Quick Fix Spray
- I wasn’t sure about trying spray primers at first but they’re actually really good!
- Foundation: Maybelline FitMe Matte in 230 Natural Buff and Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)able in 54 Honey Medium
- Both of these shades are much too dark for me now but I enjoyed them while I could!
- Concealer: Maybelline FitMe in 25 Medium and Kat Von D Lock-It in M25 Warm
- I really started getting into concealers this year. I finally know how to use them properly and now I love them!
- Contour Palatte: Rimmel Kate Moss in 002 Coral Glow and Naked Flushed Original
- I need to find new favorites. While I loved these throughout the year, I neede something new!
- Blush: Benefit Rockateur
- No drugstore favorite here. I guess I need to go shopping!
- Highlight: Laura Mercier Peach Mosaic Shimmer Bloc
- Again, I need to go shopping as I don’t have a drugstore favorite! I also need both a drugstore and high end bronzer soooooo…
- Eyelid Primer: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Original and Bissu Eye Primer
- The Bissu I bought in Mexico and I really wish I’d bought a few more!
- Eye Shadow Palette: Too Faced Chocolate and Urban Decay Basics
- I think I need to try something new in this category as well!
- Eyebrows: Benefit Goof Proof
- No drugstore favorite as I just started getting into brow products and this is the only one I’ve really liked.
- Mascara: Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara
- Same here, no drugstore favorite yet but I have plenty I need to try from my Target boxes!
- Eye liner: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in 1 Black Ink
- No favorite here as pencil eyeliners flake like crazy onto my face.
- Lip balm: Lypsyl Original Mint
- I’ve tried many lip balms and this is the best I’ve found.
- Lipstick: Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink in 15 Lover with Maybelline Color Sensational Shaping Lip Liner in 125 Magnetic Mauve and Lorac Alter Ego in CEO
- Both are super long lasting and amazing colors. I recommend!
- Setting Power: Maybelline Fit Me in 20 Light Medium and Besame Brightening Vanilla Powder
- Both of these powders are incredible and I greatly enjoy them both!
- Setting Spray: NYX Matte Finish and Urban Decay All Nighter
- Tried and true, I think you can safely expect to see these again next year!
- Morning Moisturizer: Eucerin Daily Protection and Estee Lauder DayWear Matte
- These are some of my all time favorites so expect these again next year! The Daywear is slightly different as I’ve switched to a non-SPF one.
- Night Moisturizer: Farmacy Honey Drop
- This hasn’t been an all year favorite but it’s been the most loved as it hasn’t caused me to break out even more like the other products I’ve tried.
- Cleanser: Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Oil Face Wash
- I think this cleanser worked the best with my face. My skin looooves tea tree oil. I have received a ton of cleansers either for free for review purposes or in my subscription boxes though so I haven’t repurchased yet.
- Make Up Wipes: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes
- Silly me, I actually did have a new pack of these but forgot to grab them for the photo op. Ah well. They are great and are the ones I’ve found work the best at makeup removal.
- Eye Make Up Remover: Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover
- Another product that works the best. I haven’t found another eye makeup remover that does the job nearly as fast or efficiently.
- Under Eye Concealer: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
- I was going to put this one under make up but 1) I forgot to do that and 2) Sephora has in in the “skin care” section anyway. This product is incredible and I’m so happy I got it in a Sephora Play Box. I’ve already purchased the full size thinking it must be nearly out but it’s still going strong!
- Lotion: L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream
- I love everything about this hand cream and highly recommend!
- Perfume: Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia
- Of all the perfumes I’ve ever tried, the Jo Malone fragrances are the only ones that stay on my skin all day. All others completely disappear after a few hours. This is my only Jo Malone fragrance as I have a ton of samples and other perfumes I need to use up but this is my all time favorite. I’ve had it for years and it hasn’t gone bad which is amazing considering how much I have left. I’ve used it a lot but it still looks completely full. I’ve been saving it for special occassions but lately I’ve heard from a few places that you shouldn’t “save” stuff for special occasions, but enjoy it instead! There’s no sense in waiting for the “right” time to use something if it’ll bring you joy now and while I don’t think that’s sound advice for everything (after all, then I’d have ice cream for every meal) I think it’s worth considering and something I’ll take to heart!
December – posted earlier today so I need to go back and add that link as I wrote this ahead of when it went live!
And that’s my 2017 favorites! Let me know if you’ve also enjoyed any of these products this year as well. If not, what have you loved this year? Let me know!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!