Hi everyone! Adding Blogmas to the end of every post title really lengthens them doesn’t it? Ah well, today I’m doing the Versatile Blogger Award for Tag Me Tuesday! I was tagged by one of the best bloggers to ever grace the blogging world, Jamie! If you don’t know her, Jamie has a wonderful lifestyle blog and guess what? She’s doing Blogmas too! So now’s the chance to go look at her blog and admire her work as much as I do.
I think Blogmas for the most part is meant to be Christmas/Holiday related and it kinda has been for me. So far. I have plenty of posts that won’t be holiday related planned but I’ll try to add some holiday into everything. For today’s post, I’ll do holiday themed facts about me.
- You have to thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
- Nominate at least 15 bloggers of your choice.
- Link the nominees and inform them about their nomination.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
(Holiday) Facts About Me!
- I’m pretty good at presents actually. Normally someone will say they like something or want something in front of me and since I actually remember, then I come across as someone who’s good at shopping for gifts!
- So one of my posts was going to be the spa basket I created for the company holiday party. Every year we have baskets that we raffle off. But I forgot to take photos of what I bought before I had to turn it in last week. Major fail but it was cute, trust me!
- Even though I decorate inside a lot, we don’t have the house decorated on the outside. My dad refuses to do it and none of us feel like spending money or time to decorate outside of the house too. Besides, the neighbors have that covered on their own.
- As my parents are from Mexico, they don’t always have the same traditions as other families. I had no idea stockings were actually a thing until like two or three years ago since we never did them. We did have some stockings around the house but not to fill up with goodies, just for decoration. I would actually like to do this someday.
- I’ve never tried a real tree. My dad would probably think it’s a dagger in his heart to waste a perfectly good tree like that. He’s super into landscaping (it’s not just his career, it’s his passion, he’s one of the lucky ones that adores his job with all his heart) and pine trees are among his favorites. Chopping a beautiful tree down like that to decorate it and then have it die is probably his worst nightmare. He’d much rather have it out in his yard! So I think I’m always going to be a fake tree person. Plus, they come in white and are so cute! And I think less of a fire danger element.
- Every year we spend Christmas at home, or at my uncle’s home, which are both in the Chicagoland area. That means we expect, if not a white Christmas, at least a freezing cold Christmas! I find it really hard to wrap my head around what it must be like to have a Christmas in warm weather. When I’m not thinking about it, and watching a Christmas movie set in Florida for example, I get so confused why everyone is walking around without a huge coat and why there’s no snow (happened to my sister and I as we watched the movie Sisters).
- I really enjoy having a holiday closure at work! We close the week of Christmas-New Years. I used to work in retail for a time and while it wasn’t the end of the world, not having a break was so annoying as that’s what I was used to. Now I get the week off still so that’s been great. I have had to work a few hours in the week once due to my jobs (customer service was still open in year 1 so I worked I think a few hours for one or two days, year 2 I worked for two hours on one day as I had to support CS in my new role, year 3 I didn’t have to work because my coworkers and I did a lottery so I was lucky, this year is year 4 and I have an event closing over the break so I might need to work a few hours). We always get these hours back later in the year though, so I’m not upset about it. (That much.)
I am not nominating anyone in particular, but if you want to do this award, go for it!
What is one fun holiday fact about yourself? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!