Hi everyone! Welcome to today’s Tag Me Tuesday, the Back to School Tag! I was tagged by Hunida, who blogs all about her life and is such a lovely lady to chat with! Check her out if you haven’t already!
Speaking of school, today’s my second and last midterm for this semester! I hope I do well. I’m expecting it to be easy as we can use our notes and the slides. The slides are pretty much the book, verbatim so hopefully there’s no surprises. I did read all the chapters that I hadn’t read when I started to become pressed for time. But it’s a 25 multiple choice, 25 true/false, and 1 essay type test and I’ve been doing those for ages so I’m not too worried. Just normal worried.
Okay, onto the tag!
- Thank the person who nominated you!
- Answer all of their questions.
- Write new questions (or re-write the old ones).
- Tag as many (or as few) bloggers you’d like to answer your questions!
Per Hunida: Answer questions below according to when you were in High School.
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
I would say my APUSH (Accelerated Placement United States History) teacher. He was my junior year history teacher and was absolutely amazing! Not only was he passionate about history but also about teaching. Together with the other APUSH teacher they would stay late to help us study, provide amazing study tips, and were actively interested in our studies in and out of their classroom.
- What was a project you worked on that you really enjoyed and were super proud of the outcome?
My business plan for my entrepreneurship class. I have always wanted to start my own business and I wrote mine about a hotel in Hawaii that I wanted to start. While I don’t think my future is in the hotel industry or in Hawaii anymore, I worked so hard on it and was very proud of it.
- Did you ever participate in the Science Fair?
I probably did but I remember the Foreign Language fair more. And the Math fair. Actually that might have been a Science and Math fair but I don’t exactly recall!
- Did you enjoy reading aloud to your class when it was your turn to or did you absolutely hate it?
HATED IT. I have a quiet voice so everyone was constantly interrupting me (seriously, their mothers never taught them any manners!) to YELL at me to speak up, so I would purposefully talk even softer. Plus I was so socially anxious due to intense shyness that it was a nightmare. Now I can recognize that I was having panic attacks at the time. Every. Single. Time. Also, I was constantly reading ahead as my classmates were always working too slow for me so it was so annoying to try to have to 1) slow down to their level or 2) be told off and humiliated for working at my own pace that made sense for me.
- Did you ever get suspended or expelled?
- Did you prefer to write with pens or pencils when taking notes?
I prefer pens now but in high school we weren’t allowed to pick our writing utensil and could only use pencil. I forgot how limiting high school was!
- Did you prefer multiple answer questions or short answer/essay questions on tests?
Hmmm I think short answer/essay questions because I always knew my stuff and I tend to over analyze multiple choice questions.
- Did you ever cheat on a test? How?
Not in high school I don’t think.
- Did you ever fall asleep in class?
Nope, I paid attention and took notes!
- Did you eat school lunch or bring your own?
I did both I think. It depended on the year. I think the first year I brought my own but then my mom started working so I would get school lunch.
- What was the highlight of your day?
- Where did you usually meet up with your friends?
- Looking back, is there something your school did or some rule your school had that was really weird?
- What was your favorite class?
- Least favorite class?
- Did you do any extracurricular?
- Are you still friends with any of your high school friends?
- What is one piece of advice you’d give to your high school self?
- What was your high school graduation like?
- What kind of school events were your favorite to attend? (I.E. sports, arts, etc.)
Anyone who is reading this who is in school! I know it’s supposed to be “back to school” so it’s likely meant to be done in August/September but ah well!
And that’s my Back to School Tag! If you want to do this tag make sure that you tag me or come back and leave a link so I can read it!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!