Hi everyone! Time for another Tag Me Tuesday! Today’s feature, the Blogger Recognition Award! This is my second and third time being nominated for this award. I was nominated by the amazing Cassi from Cassixmakeup and if you’re not following her already, you should! Cassi is on break right now so check out some of her older posts with me while we wait for her to return. She is an amazing blogger and person, and her winged eyeliner is serious goals. I was also nominated by Kat from thisisbeautyweb who is also a great blogger and such a supportive lady. I actually need to catch up on her blog (and everyone else’s) so join me in doing so!
Anyway, I’m writing this right after yesterday’s post on Sunday so at the time of writing this I’m still sick but that second cup of tea has really energized me! I made myself a David’s Tea Glitter & Gold, which is a black tea with gold star sprinkles that make the tea all glittery! Not sponsored (I wish, David’s Tea, sponsor me) I just really like their teas. I don’t have one near me so when I am close to a store I try to stock up. I really hope I’m better by now since Tuesday is School Day for me.
Also my mom did fix her hair and then walked in to hand me a banana. Today’s weird.
Okay, onto the award!
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
• Write a post to show your award
• Give a brief story of how your blog started
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
• Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to and comment on each blog to let them now with a link to your award post.
History of my blog
I started my blog in November of 2015 due to my great need of a creative outlet. I was coming out of NaNoWriMo and really wanted to keep the creativity flowing. I had originally wanted to start a YouTube channel (which I have now! Youtube.com/StarringPamela) but I never had gotten around to it despite planning it for around two years. So instead I took the leap into blogging, did some research, found WordPress and have been blogging ever since.
I started out blogging once a week, but found that I had too much I wanted to say and that wasn’t allowing me to really say it as quickly as I wanted to. I started blogging twice a week, then three times a week. After about six months I was regularly blogging three times a week. In May I blogged everyday for a month to celebrate my birthday (shout out to my BirthMay series!) and since then I’ve been blogging five times a week. I love it and while I’m debating scaling back to four, I have found that this is doable.
Advice to new bloggers
So my last pieces of advice were to just go for it and be yourself and be kind. I still stand by that, but will add new advice for this award. I’m going to do four as I was nominated twice!
- Resist the urge to compare yourself to others. I’m not going to say I never do this because that would be a lie. But I do try to avoid doing so. It’s so easy to compare followers, views, etc. Ultimately though, I’m blogging because I enjoy it and what’s always been the goal for me.
- Get yourself a kickass support group if you need to! I was asked to join a lovely group of ladies (shout out to you ladies, you know who you are!) awhile back and our whatsapp group is amazing. We’re all super busy right now so we’re not quite as active but we’re always there for each other when we need to talk through something. They definitely came into my life just when I needed them the most and I’m so grateful for each of them.
- Don’t force yourself to write. Maybe this is a little selfish of me to include but this is from both the writer’s and reader’s perspective. As a writer, you know you’re not producing quality content when you just aren’t feeling it. As a reader, time is precious and there is nothing more annoying than reading posts that you can tell the writers were forcing themselves to write.
- Keep a notebook or note on your phone full of your ideas. This is something I need to get better at, as every month I freak out that I don’t have enough ideas to write about when I create my monthly posts schedule. Or if I need to substitute something and am scrambling for an idea. Of course, I always find something to write about but the process would go so much more smoothly if I just had a list of ideas all in one place that I regularly update.
I know the rules said 15 but I’ll leave it at 9. If anyone else wants to do this award though, go for it! 🙂 Just be sure to tag me so I can be sure to read your advice!
And that’s the Blogger Recognition Award! I’m so lucky that I have so many nominations to get to! I am slowly but surely making my way through them so if you tagged me in something awhile ago, I’m getting to it! I’m caught up until the start of August right now.
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!