Hi everyone! I’ve already gotten my September Subscription boxes from Target and Sephora so I thought I’d share them with you! I actually got them both last week and could hardly wait to share what I got!
I’m still waiting for my normal Sephora Play box, so that one isn’t included here sadly but I do have my Target Beauty Box and my Sephora Luxury Play box. Technically neither of these are subscriptions but ah well!
So I’m already working on my October blog schedule and if there’s anything you want to see reviewed let me know. I’m more than happy to take your requests!
Here we go!
I really do have a subscription box problem now I think. Someone stop me soon!
The Sephora Luxury Play Box isn’t actually a subscription. I got an email saying I had access to it a day early because of my VIB status from last year. I was curious so I ordered the box upon seeing a list of the brands in it. I did actually end up getting the Flash shipping they offer so I got it super fast. The Flash shipping is 2 day shipping for a year. I ordered last week Thursday, it shipped on Thursday, and I got it on Saturday morning. Shipping for this box was calculated at a little over $5 so it was already over half of the $10 price for the Flash shipping. It’s good for a year so I’m excited to order more stuff when I need to replace items I’ve used up.
The bag is super shiny and reflects all sorts of fun colors as shown in the photo. In real life they aren’t quite as crazy but rather just more reflective. I was kind of disappointed in the bag as it’s quite small and flimsy but it is cute.
Since I ordered online I got to pick my samples but I didn’t get any of them. It was so disappointing! I know they pick other samples if they run out of what they offer but I was so annoyed as I don’t want any of these. I wanted to try a sample of Bobbi Brown foundation, of a Kate Somerville exfoliating treatment, and Christophe Robin mask. Instead I got a Fresh cream, Georgio Armani fragrance sample, and Origins GinZing sample. I have so many Fresh, Origins, and fragrance samples that I was quite disappointed to receive these as they’re nothing new to me. That’s the risk you run though and it does say that the items might not be available when they actually ship out, but still. Especially since my box shipped out just a few hours after I placed my order.
And these are the items I got! I got the following:
- Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf – I loved this fragrance but now I don’t use it often. However it is very popular so it makes sense that it was included in the luxury box.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – it sounds like a toner but the directions say to use after the toner.
- AmorePacific Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Creme – meant to be anti-aging, they know I’m getting old!
- Dior Mascara Professionnel Volume – I am trying to change my mascara every 3 months so I’m happy to get mascaras as then I run out of them so fast! I can’t wait to try this one as it looks so fancy.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer with SPF 15 – I am excited to try this out as I do want products with SPF since my new moisturizer doesn’t have any now.
- Tom Ford Lip Color in Indian Rose – I’ve wanted to try a Tom Ford lipstick for so long so I’m looking forward to this one the most! The color looks beautiful and it should match if it does go on as it looks.
Overall I’m kind of disappointed in this box. Yes it’s luxury, but the fact that everything is sample sized so it hardly seems worth it. I don’t think this box is customized at all so it would have been nice to see what products were going to be in it before ordering. Also I don’t recall seeing anything saying that it was all samples, I had thought there would be at least one full sized item. The box was $20 so that would have made sense. I don’t think I’ll order another if they do offer another box unless they either disclose exactly what you’re getting or specifically state you get a full size of something.
The Target Beauty Box isn’t a subscription but I do get an email from Target when it becomes available. This month there were two different boxes. I almost got both as they’re only $7 each but ultimately this one was the only one I was actually interested in. I chose the Your New Basics box. As per usual, it comes with a cute card that lists all the products and a $3 off a $15 beauty purchase.
Here’s what I got in my box:
- Acure Ultra-Hydrating Shampoo – my hair is pretty picky and my hair is usually already so oily so I don’t need hydrating products for it. It does say it’s for dry hair so I’m not sure if I’ll actually use it or give it to my mom.
- Acure Ultra-Hydrating Conditioner – same as above.
- Simple Micellar Water – I actually already have a different brand’s version of micellar water so I don’t know how I’ll like it but I’m excited to try it as well.
- Up & Up Premium Cotton Rounds – I already buy these but it was so cute individually packaged!
- Covergirl Total Tease Mascara – another mascara! I’m excited to try it! Covergirl does usually get their mascaras right. This is a full sized product that normally retails for around $8 so already the box surpassed the price.
- Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb – I believe this is also supposed to be anti-aging so I’m excited to give it a try.
- Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion – maybe I’ll remember to use lotion if it’s in-shower.
- Sensodyne ProNamel Strong & Bright – I might save this for travel but I’m excited to try it. I usually only use Tom’s toothpaste but I’m willing to try others.
So that’s the Target Beauty Box! There was only one full sized product in this one but like I said, that one product retails for more than what the box is worth. I did like this box and I’m excited to try these items out. I do plan to order another Beauty Box next month.
So let me know what you guys have been ordering! I’d love to know!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!