Hi everyone! Welcome back to another Tag Me Tuesday! Today I’m doing the Music is Life Tag! If you don’t know, Melissa of The Bookish Wanderer (love her blog and blog name and her!) created this tag. She tagged me in this over a month ago, nearly two so I’m sorry for making you wait so long Mel! My dear friend Angela from The Life of Angela also tagged me around the same time so I’m sorry to you as well Angela! I’m usually a month behind on tags but I do get to them eventually!
Oh and wish me luck. My dads phone went into “panic mode” (no idea how he managed that) and I need to take it into Best Buy to see if they can fix it. Ick. I tried myself for about two hours yesterday before I had to admit defeat (and I’m good at fixing phones with Google as my assistant) so hopefully they can fix it in like 10mins. Fingers crossed!!!
Anyway, please help me make it up to these lovely ladies and check out their posts as well. They’re both amazing bloggers!
Okay, here we go!
- Mention/link the original creator of this tag (me,) and the person who tagged you!
- For all 13 questions, name an artist/band/song as an answer and if you’d like, add some sort of photo or link so people can find the music you are talking about 🙂
- Tag as many people as you want that love music as much as you do.
1. Suburbia – Name an artist (or band) that you can fall in and out of love with, but will always return to.
This one is hard because I don’t really follow artists or bands. I really only go by songs I like. Probably Selena because I grew up listening to her music. I think I listened to her songs too often as a child as I don’t seek them out anymore but if the come on the radio when my parents are driving and they turn on the Spanish stations I’ll give it a listen and still enjoy it!
2. Last Day Alive – Name an album that could be the soundtrack to your life.
I honestly can’t think of one because I don’t often listen to full albums! And all the albums I think about have such a strong “love” theme and I can’t relate to that at all.
3. Mad Sounds – Headphones or earbuds?
Earbuds because they’re so easy to carry around!
4. On Hold – What is the number one artist (or band) that is on your concert bucket list?
Taylor Swift! From what I heard from two coworkers, she’s amazing in concert and I love her music.
5. One Love – If you had to listen to the same album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh Hamilton for sure. The original cast recording album! There’s a song for every mood and occasion. (Lols I just went back to check what the others selected and Angela selected the same album and said almost the same thing.)
6. A Little Help From My Friends – What is your anthem song between you and your best friends?
I don’t think we have one! A lot of my friends don’t live near me so we don’t really have time to pick one. I suppose when Adele’s “Hello” song was popular my friends and I would send each other the first few lines of the song to each other over instant messenger at work so I’ll go with that!
7. Shut Up & Dance – What is the perfect dance song?
All I could think of was musical songs but that’s probably not what the category means. I just started listening to “Bang Bang” by Jessie J ft. Ariana Grande and Nikki Minaj and I love it so I’ll pick that one!
8. Something Just Like This – What song screams ‘epic love’ to you?
“Singin’ in the Rain” from Singin’ in the Rain!
9. Cherry Wine – Name a song you love that isn’t what it seems at first!
This song is a little new to me but it was different than what I thought it was about at first. “Juicy” by the Notorious B.I.G. The reason I misinterpreted it before was because I only heard a little bit from the Fine Bros “React” video about Biggie and about 90s hip hop so I didn’t know what the song was actually about. Now I love the song. And surprisingly I seem to like 90s hip hop. Especially as Lin-Manuel got a lot of inspiration from this genre and so I can point out what parts he took for his musical when I listen to these songs now!
10. After Glow – Name a song that will always put you in a good mood no matter what.
“Blank Space” by Taylor Swift. Love that woman’s music. It’s such a great song from her as she’s ultimately making fun of what the media portrays her as.
11. Dope – Name a song that makes you feel bad ass.
“Skyfall” by Adele. I mean, it’s by an amazing lady for the 007 movie Skyfall, which is such a great film.
12. Bad Habit – What is your ‘guilty-pleasure’ song that you know all the lyrics to?
“Let it Go” from Frozen. Sorry not sorry.
13. Digital Bath – CD or downloads?
CDs because I can pop them into my car to play!
I honestly only listen to Disney, musicals, and rock for about 95% of the music I listen to so my tag is probably filled with more musical songs than Mel anticipated but this was fun!
Thanks for reading!
Follow me on social media!