Hi everyone! Welcome back to Tag Me Tuesday! Today I’m doing the Liebster Award for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th time! I was nominated by Eliza, Alli, Maggie, and Amber. All four of these ladies have amazing blogs so if you haven’t checked them out yet you should. Eliza’s blog focuses on enjoying the great journey that is life through her inspirational posts. Alli has an amazing sense of humor and starts all her lifestyle posts by greeting all the worms (see her about page for that, it’s hilarious!). Maggie is an absolute sweetheart, who writes beautiful posts about her life, her goals, other amazing bloggers, and her strong sense of faith. Amber is new to me but her passion is making pins and buttons for her small business to allow everyone to show their individual interests, as well as keeping up a lifestyle blog as well.
Told you they were awesome!
Before I go into it, Tag Me Tuesday is when I post all pending awards/tags/etc. If I have too many I add a Thursday Edition, so you’ll also see those as well.
Back to the tag!
- You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
Facts about me:
I know four people tagged me but I’m finding it harder and harder to think of facts I may not have shared before! Plus, it might be boring to read 44 facts about me so I’m going to stick to 11.
- I have extremely poor eyesight. I used to joke that if the zombie apocalypse started I’d be screwed once I ran out of contacts as my glasses are heavy and slide off my face, so I can’t wear them if I’m running away. Actually I still make that joke all the time.
- I have been discovering a long suppressed love for home decor. I decorated the spare room in the house and turned it into my own home office. My family is super jealous of the room. I may be working on my bedroom next.
- I have never had a boyfriend! To be honest, I haven’t even been on a date before. It was never something I was interested in but now I’m slowly coming around to the idea. As Maggie once said I’m “single and sometimes ready to mingle”! One of my college friends/roommate once joked that I was the type of person who would meet my soulmate out of nowhere and be married within six months. She’s probably right!
- I love to laugh. As you can see, I joke a lot, and everyone knows they can joke around me. We had a new manager start at work and I joked to him that I was going to watch The Office all day on Netflix at my desk. Next thing I know, the IT guy is sending an email that my bandwidth has been limited due to Netflix usage. Of course, I hadn’t been on Netflix, nor had my bandwidth actually been limited, we just were having a great laugh!
- I live in the suburbs but I’m surrounded by a ton of forest preserve areas so we get a lot of wildlife. At night we can sometimes hear an owl hooting from the preserve behind my house and sometimes we can hear coyotes howling in the (not so) distance. As we are right on Lake Michigan, the beach state park is close by and so are many trails. I love living in the suburbs because I get a perfect balance of nature and city life (I’m almost smack dab in between Chicago and Milwaukee).
- I’m a first generation American! My parents are both Mexican and immigrated here when they were in their 20s. Its weird to me that my dad moved here at 22, which was a year before I graduated college, and my mom moved here when she married my dad at 26, which is the age I am at right now. I can’t help but compare myself to them. They’d already become independent and even moved to a brand new country on their own. As my dad points out though, he did it because he couldn’t get an education, which is something I have been fortunate enough to get.
- My favorite time of year is when winter turns to spring. Right in between those two seasons, in that transition, is when I’m the most optimistic for the future.
- So I had an answer already for this one but then I got a Q for my Q and A last weekend that would be the same as this fact so I’m changing it! (About the languages I speak.) I’m a mosquito magnet. Literally everyone else has 0 bites and I have at least 20 on each limb… I guess my blood is delicious?
- I’m really good at doing what I want. I wanted to take ballet, so I did so in college. When I turned 25 I decided I wanted to learn to ride a horse, so I found lessons. I’m good at going after what I want, once I know what that is!
- I don’t do my hair or nails but I’m a pro at make up.
- I love to travel but I don’t do enough of it.
Eliza’s questions & my answers:
- If you could create any charity, what would it be and why?
I would create a charity to help people get a good education. I didn’t grow up poor but my parents weren’t rich either so I remember sometimes hesitating asking them for money for books I needed and I never asked for tutoring or anything. I would want to help cover some of those costs for sure.
- If you could write a children’s book what would it be about?
I actually do have an idea about a trash can at an abandoned, closed-down restaurant. The basic idea is to try to convince kids to recycle. I don’t spend too much time with kids so I worry this idea might be too complex based on my vision haha. Plus I can also see this as an animated short.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The community for sure! I’ve met so many amazing inspiring people through blogging.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
This changes from day to day. Right now it’s Disney World as one of my work friends is currently there as I write this!
- What time period would you rather live in?
Well ideally I would love to live in the Revolutionary War time period. It seems so exciting! But if you think about it, history doesn’t tend to be kind towards women so maybe this time period is best.
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?
I love trips to Mexico. I have family there and it’s so nice to see them. My family members have simple homes without so many amenities and often times no wifi so it’s a great opportunity to disconnect and focus on experiencing what is around me rather than what others are experiencing.
- What’s your favorite t.v. show?
Of all time? Parks and Recreation for sure. Right now? The Office.
- What is something you wish you could change about yourself? Why?
I wish I could be more motivated. I feel like I can very easily let myself be lazy and I hate that! I want to be the type of person that is constantly working and being productive.
- What do you think your best quality is?
This is funny because I also want to answer my motivation for this one. Let me explain. The previous answer was more short-term. This one is long-term. If there is something I really want to do, I will do it, even if it takes a few years to do so. For example, I wanted to start a YouTube video for a long time before I switched and decided to blog instead. Now YouTube keeps creeping into my mind and I keep thinking I want to try to make a video or two, just to see what that’s like.
- Are you more of a stand-out kind of person or a blend in with the crowd?
The attention seeker in me says stand-out but the introvert in me says blend in. It’s a constant struggle for sure. Usually stand-out wins.
- If you had 2 million dollars but could only spend it on one thing, what would it be?
I would start my own charity. I don’t know exactly what it would be just yet but that’s what I would do. Probably something related to literacy and education.
Alli’s questions & my answers:
- If you could only have one drink (NOT WATER) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chai tea latte. Honestly I wouldn’t pick water even if it was an option!
- What was on of the best sarcastic remarks you’ve made?
I love saying “not with that attitude”. My coworker (his name is John) once threw away a piece of paper. When the department yelled at him to recycle he grumbled that one piece of paper wouldn’t save the world. I replied with “not with that attitude” and my boss laughed. At least she thought I was funny!
- Would you rather discover a new color or a new texture?
New color. Certain textures give me the heebie jeebies.
- Where is your dream vacation spot?
It changes allll the time but I think right now it would be Disney World!
- Would you rather have 3 ears or 3 eyes?
Hmmmm 3 ears. I have terrible eyesight so buying contacts for 2 eyes is expensive enough!
- What’s your favorite type of food and what dishes do you like most?
Mexican food! Which is great because my parents are Mexican so it’s just food for me. Lols.
- When was the last time you read a book for fun?
A few days ago I started City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I read when I can!
- What is your ideal/perfect partner like?
Do you watch Parks and Recreation? Ben Wyatt.
- If you had to lose one of your 5 senses (vision, hearing, touch, smell, taste), which one would you lose?
Probably taste. I’m not super into food. I really only eat to stay alive, I don’t really enjoy it as much as most people seem to.
- What is your favorite blog? (besides mine of course)
How could you ask that??? How dare you actually yours is one of my faves. You know that!!!! Others are Cheila, Maggie, Valerie, Elsie, Stella, Jamie, Angela, omg I know I’m forgetting so many. If I forgot you please feel free to yell at me in the comments. In all caps of course.
- Favorite dessert?
Ice cream & cookies.
Maggie’s questions & my answers:
- What are your favorite TV shows from your childhood?
I know I loved Sesame Street! And Arthur, Zoom, and so many more that I can’t remember!
- What’s your favorite inspirational quote?
I’m actually really bad at quotes but I love the line in Evita when she sings “I don’t really think I need the reasons why I won’t succeed” at the start of “Rainbow High”. I totally get her. We don’t need that kind of negativity! Yes, there are many reasons I might fail but there are many, many more for why I will succeed and they’re so much more important to remember.
- What makes you smile?
Everything! I love smiling and laughing. That’s why my sister thinks it’s hilarious that I would love to be Wednesday Addams. I smile at musicals, animals, flowers, reading blogs, when I write, and you get the picture!
- Are you a morning person or a night person? Why?
Morning usually. I love being up before the rest of the world, or at least my time zone.
- If you could pick one exotic animal to have as a pet, what would you choose and why?
I’ve always loved leopards so I’ll pick one of those!
- What’s a job that you would love to have but probably never will?
Astronaut. I wanted to be an astronaut when I was younger. Or a professional Broadway star or ballerina.
- What’s something you’re really good at?
I’d love to say singing but if my car could talk he’d probably tell you differently. (Yes, he’s a he.) I was a good swimmer in high school but that was awhile ago.
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
The creativity! I love that I get to be so creative with my blog and I am constantly inspired by how creative my fellow bloggers are!!
- What is the color scheme of your bedroom?
White and light purple mostly! With dark wood for my furniture.
- What is your spirit animal? Why?
I would say a beluga whale. We’re both smart, happy, and cute af.
- Describe your perfect dinner.
Tacos with my family! We’ve always been a family that eats meals together so I get many perfect dinners. And we’re Mexican so tacos happen often (still not as often as I would like). Oh, that’s another joke I like to tell. I work with a lotta white people (lols I say that lovingly) and so if they say they had Mexican food I joke that I just call it food. I’m glad my department has a sense of humor and they get me!
Amber’s questions & my answers:
- If you wouldn’t need any degree for anything, what job would you want to do?
I would love to be like an editor in chief for a magazine or news outlet.
- Are you a cake, cookies, or ice cream kind of person?
Can I not be all of the above? No? Fine, ice cream. With cookie dough!
- Where would you love to visit most?
I picked Disney World above so I’m going to pick Cancun here. My family and I have wanted to go for ages and haven’t managed to go yet!
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I had just gotten a new job but I felt like I didn’t have a creative outlet. Blogging gave me the opportunity to be creative so I went for it! (I also answered this in my Q and A a bit more but this is the gist of it!)
- What’s the item to your left?
My ballet bag and shoes. I wasn’t going to say anything yet but I signed up for an adult ballet class! I took adult beginner ballet for two semesters in college and loved it. I finally found a class that works with my schedule so off I go!
- How long have you been blogging?
A little over a year and a half.
- What’s the weirdest blog post you’ve seen?
I once saw a post where a girl I follow seriously overstated her follower count (by a few hundred). I thought that was weird for sure!
- Tea or Coffee?
Tea because coffee makes my heart try to imitate a race horse.
- How’re you today?
Good! I’m looking forward to the summer.
- What’s your favourite movie?
The new Beauty and the Beast!
- Sunrise or Sunset?
Sunrise. Not that I’m actually up in time but I think I consider it more special because of that.
- If you could be any animated character, who would you be?
- Do you have one really strange neighbor?
- What is one thing you’ve never done but would love to do?
- Do you think you’re your parent’s favorite child?
- What’s one movie you could watch over and over again?
- Do you know all the words in your country’s national anthem?
- Who inspires you the most?
- If a movie was being written about your life, what’s the one song you would insist on including in the soundtrack?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do?
- Who is your favorite Disney character?
- What do you love the most about yourself? (Or feel free to make a whole list!)
- Amelia in Hull
- Tabi Bee
- Courtney Livingston
- Dippy-Dotty Girl
To all my nominees, this is completely optional and I understand if you don’t want to do it for any reason! Just know that I love your blog and wanted to nominate you!
And that’s Liebster Award! Thank you again to the lovely ladies that nominated me! It means so much to me that you would think of me and my blog!
Thanks for reading!