Hi everyone! Today I’m doing the Mystery Blogger Award! I was nominated ages ago by the awesome Maggie from Dreaming of Guatemala, an am finally getting to it! Thank you Maggie!
Really quickly, Tag Me Tuesday is when I do all my awards/tags/etc. Since I have quite a few (thank you to everyone who’s tagged me in anything!) I added the Thursday Edition to try and catch up. And #BirthMay is my own birthday celebration when I’m blogging all of May. My birthday was May 12th but I’m still celebrating!
Onto the tag!
3 Things About Myself:
- My dream when I was younger was to open my own flower shop/cafe/bookstore all in one building. Also my own hotel. I don’t think I’m going to pursue any of those but I still want to start my own business someday!
- My dream kitchen includes a mini wine fridge instead of a dishwasher. I don’t use dishwashers but I’d use that wine fridge!
- I used to take home my text books in middle school when I had no homework to read for fun. I love text books and even now I still keep all the school books I have from my school days and collect textbooks I find interesting.
Maggie’s Questions & My Answers:
- What is something you used to despise, but actually quite like now?
Tea! I had a roommate in college who really loved tea and I didn’t like hot drinks but was too shy to tell her that I didn’t like it. I accompanied her to the train station in town and there was a tea shop she liked across the tracks so we went in, got some tea, and now I’m obsessed!
- When was the last time you laughed really hard?
So I have this coworker (his name is John, shout out to John who is 100% not reading this but he wants me to mention him so…) and we like to debate each other on various topics. Our poor coworker (her name is Erin, shout out to Erin who doesn’t want to be left out but is also 100% not reading this…) has to listen to this every day at lunch. Anyway John and I were hotly debating right and wrong (I view it as more black and white, he thinks there’s a spectrum) and he yelled out his next point that was perhaps not phrased correctly. His point was that illegally streaming was not as bad as another illegal action that I am not going to name but will substitute with murder so he yelled “SO YOU’RE SAYING I’M A MURDERER? Oh that was not a good thing to yell out.” And we all laughed really hard.
- What’s the best book that you read recently? Why did you enjoy it?
As much as I want to say A Court of War and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas (which is also awesome) I have to go with Portraits of Courage by President George W. Bush. I know his administration is not viewed in a good light by many but this book really showed a different side of him than I expected. I, of course, will always be thankful to the brave men and women who have served the United States of America and defended the country against terror. President Bush’s book is a collection of paintings he’s done of veterans who were injured in the war after 9/11 and their stories of recovery. I remember the day in school when we were told of what happened and the world that followed after so this was a beautiful read.
- Name 5 of your favorite movies.
Numbers 1 and 2 are Beauty and the Beast both the 1991 animated film and the 2017 live action. All the Harry Potter movies are slot number 3 (but if I had to pick one it would be Prisoner of Azkaban or Deathly Hallows Part 2). Number 4 is Skyfall, the 007 movie from 2012. And number 5 is Zero Dark Thirty, a 2012 political action-thriller film (as described by wikipedia) which is a fictionalized version of the hunt of the terrorist leader (whose name I do not even want to type out) and the raid that led to his downfall.
- What are you the most thankful for?
My parents for sure! I will always be thankful for all the sacrifices and efforts they’ve made for me. Even before I was born they came to live in the USA from Mexico and then chose to stay after my sister and I were born to give us a better life. They also went through a difficult financial time after the economic crisis in 2009, just as I was heading off to college but they never even considered asking me to stay home for a year to save money or anything like that. I can’t even begin to cover everything they’ve done for me! I’m thankful for them!
My Best or Favorite Posts:
Questions for my Nominees:
- How long could you survive without your phone?
- What’s the last movie you’ve watched and did you like it?
- What’s your favorite fast food place to go to?
- Have you had enough water today? (Just looking out for you!)
- What is your favorite family tradition?
To my nominees: I know that you’re busy so if you don’t feel like doing this award or have already done it, don’t worry! The award consists of you sharing 3 things about yourself, answering my questions, and sharing 3 of your favorite posts. Then nominate other bloggers and provide them with new questions!
And that’s my Mystery Blogger Award! Thank you again Maggie! 🙂
Thanks for reading!