Hey everyone! I turned 25 last week and I felt a lot better about 25 than I did about 24 (thank goodness). I thought I’d share 25 random things I’ve learned so far in my life today. Here we go!
- Doing the right thing will always pay off, even if it takes awhile to see the results.
- You can always learn something from everyone you meet.
- The best of friends can be the people who you would have least expected to find common ground with.
- Kids aren’t so bad. Don’t ask me to change their diapers though.
- I still don’t want my own kids and that’s okay. I’d like it if everyone else realized this too but it’s not that big of a deal.
- I understand cooking is an important life skill. It’s just a life skill I have zero interest in and I’d rather focus my time and energy on something else. I’m okay with this.
- Some fights really aren’t worth having; it’s hard to realize this in time sometimes though.
- Some fights really are worth having; it’s hard to be brave enough to having them sometimes though.
- Being the youngest at work is tough when you’re used to being the oldest everywhere else.
- Find your niche. At work I’m known for being good at communication and everyone comes to me for this now. It’s nice to be appreciated!
- Always keep a pair of ear plugs in your handbag. Also keep your earbuds in there.
- Mom and Dad are actually right. Well, 99.9% of the time they are.
- Chasing perfection isn’t worth it.
- Don’t be afraid of trying new things, even if you have to try them by yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to new people.
- Go to bed early.
- Listen when someone is talking. Everyone has a story to tell and they’re worth listening to.
- Just take the sick day.
- If there’s something you’ve always wanted to do, like learn to ride a horse, then go do it!
- Be nice to yourself.
- Be in the moment. Take one or two pictures and then put the phone down.
- Last minute plans can actually be really fun.
- You can have too many clothes but you can never have too many experiences.
- Learn as much as you can.
- Embrace the happiness in your life.
There’s the 25 things I’ve learned in my 25 years of life! So far they’ve been 25 really good years. Hopefully the trend keeps going!
Thanks for reading!